Saturday, August 12, 2006

My favorite quotes from my sixth graders


Kids say the most extraordinary things. The 2005-2006 group of sixth graders were noteworthy for their buoyant eccentricity.

1. My students can be exuberant about mundane affairs. “I ate well today!” (Charlie, as he came into class after lunch one day, patting his belly.)
2. They are inspirational. “I simply love orange!” (Miranda, lounging on a big fuzzy beanbag; her spontaneous announcement inspired me to use orange as an accent color in a room in my house.)
3. They often enjoy homework and creating. “I couldn’t stop writing!” (Azaria, apologizing for not sticking to a 3-page limit on her essay.)
4. They are comfortable in my classroom. “We like your classroom, Ms. T. We don’t know what it is, but it’s... peaceful.” (Jennifer and friends, as they entered my classroom one day.)
5. They know who they are. “We can even belch on a GT level.” (Keith, reveling in the fact that he is GT.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home