Friday, September 15, 2006

Dream List

Wouldn't it be nice if the only thing I had to do this weekend were SLEEP? Alas, sleep I cannot enjoy yet.

But I can take power naps every few hours! Eventually the essays will all get graded.

I'm rearranging my guest bedroom and letting it double as the sitting room with the sleeper sofa. So what to do with the other bed? Dismantle it. Get rid of the old tattered boxsprings, store the bed frame in my wonderful storage shed, and put the extra mattress on top of my own bed. I've been sleeping like a princess the last few nights. My feet don't touch the floor if I sit on the edge of my bed, but I'm sleeping on a cloud above the linted carpet and worries of the day.

Linted carpet... That reminds me of a poem I once wrote patterened after Wordsworth's "Lines Composed a Few Miles Above Tintern Abbey." Mine is humbly entitled "Lines Composed a Few Inches Above Linted Carpet." I'll share it soon.

In the meantime, I need to call a cleaning service to get help with mopping and vacuuming. The latter is a chore I abhor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home