Friday, September 15, 2006

Other things I abhor

I have alluded to my least favorite household chore: vacuuming.

Here are a few other things I detest:

1. Seeing people spit in public or the evidence that spitting has occurred.

2. Hearing/seeing fingernails being clipped in public. (Lawyers are notorious for grooming themselves and letting the little shards fall where they may. Some lawyers strew shards in their professional lives too.)

3. The dismissive "whatever." That is such a lazy comeback. Find a specific word in our vast English lexicon to say what you mean, people! "Whatever" is like a shrug instead of a wave.

4. People who misquote to promote their own agendas and ideas. (Yes, I'm treading on the toes of many journalists who've forgotten what "free press" really means.) Soundbits and elliptical statements rankle me.

Next time: Books I am currently reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home