My current reading list, with commentary (of course)
Allende, Isabel. City of the Beasts. (Translation: Margaret Sayers Peden) New York: Harper Trophy, 2002.
One of my college students recommended this several semesters ago, and I'm still not out of the first chapter, but I really do want to finish it.
Chesterton, G.K. Orthodoxy. Wheaton, IL: Harold Shaw Publishers, 1994, 1908.
Eldredge, John. Waking the Dead. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2003.
I'm actually re-reading this classic. I love the intricacy of his exegesis.
Hurston, Zora Neale. Their Eyes Were Watching God. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 1991, 1937.
Paolini, Christopher. Eldest. New York: Alfred A. Knopf/Random House, 2005.
I'm bored by this one and find it easy to get distracted. If I'm not finished with it by Thanksgiving, I may discard it. I am usually persistent with my reading lists...
Sonnenblick, Jordan. Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie. New York: Scholastic Press, 2004.
I love it! I do have to admit I cried on nearly every page! The book is soggy, but not sappy. One of my students did a report, and the way she described the brother, I knew it would be my next book.
Waltari, Mika. Tajomstvo Bozieho Kralovstva. (Translation: Andrej Rady) Helsinki, Finland: WSOY, 1992, 1961.
I've been coming back to this story, and rereading parts of it since a dear friend gave it to me as a birthday gift when I was living in Slovakia. I will finish this one, even though I've been lingering on it for years.
One of my college students recommended this several semesters ago, and I'm still not out of the first chapter, but I really do want to finish it.
Chesterton, G.K. Orthodoxy. Wheaton, IL: Harold Shaw Publishers, 1994, 1908.
Eldredge, John. Waking the Dead. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2003.
I'm actually re-reading this classic. I love the intricacy of his exegesis.
Hurston, Zora Neale. Their Eyes Were Watching God. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 1991, 1937.
Paolini, Christopher. Eldest. New York: Alfred A. Knopf/Random House, 2005.
I'm bored by this one and find it easy to get distracted. If I'm not finished with it by Thanksgiving, I may discard it. I am usually persistent with my reading lists...
Sonnenblick, Jordan. Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie. New York: Scholastic Press, 2004.
I love it! I do have to admit I cried on nearly every page! The book is soggy, but not sappy. One of my students did a report, and the way she described the brother, I knew it would be my next book.
Waltari, Mika. Tajomstvo Bozieho Kralovstva. (Translation: Andrej Rady) Helsinki, Finland: WSOY, 1992, 1961.
I've been coming back to this story, and rereading parts of it since a dear friend gave it to me as a birthday gift when I was living in Slovakia. I will finish this one, even though I've been lingering on it for years.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home