Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ahh! Summer

Never have I relished the coming summer vacation as much as this year.

I have several items on my to-do list for my all-too-short break.

1. Help my nephew organize his mushrooming toy collection. I think he'll end up selling some gently used toys and pay me a handsome fee for my intervention!

2. Learn to refinish old furniture. My mom has promised she'll help me refinish an antique dresser that belonged to my grandmother and will someday be mine. I already know where I'll put it in my home.

3. Gut the trashy cabinetry in my garage and clean it top to bottom. This loomed large on my to-do list last summer too, but I had not taken into consideration 30+ days of 100+ temperatures in an uninsulated garage! This year, I've commissioned a couple of students to do the messy work for pay.

4. Paint this and that around the house. Before I moved in almost two years ago, I started a couple of paint jobs that I have not yet finished. It's time.

5. Tackle the ever growing collection of teaching materials and curriculum-related great lessons I've accumulated. Or not. I am on vacation after all.

6. Take a couple of trips somewhere. I'll go anywhere that allows me to shave off a few dollars on my utility bills and enjoy shaved ice at the same time. It would be nice if that were a place where I wouldn't have to shave my legs...

7. Read, drink iced-tea, and write. I've got books inside that need to be birthed so I can use my brain for new projects.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

So now that the summer is almost over... how many items have you checked off your list? :)

02 August, 2007 20:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home